1. Thoroughly clean the toilet.
2. Add the required amount of shampoo to the toilet water-a strong industrial solvent often works best-and lift both lids.
3. Pick up the cat and soothe him as you carry him toward the bathroom.
4. In one smooth movement, put the cat in the toilet and close the lids (someone may need to stand on the lid so that he cannot escape).
5. Flush the toilet three or four times. This provides a ‘power wash and rinse’ which I have found to be quite effective.
6. Have someone open the door to the outside and ensure that there are no people or other obstacles between the toilet and the outdoors.
7. Stand behind the toilet as far as you can, and quickly lift both lids.
8. The cat, now exceedingly clean, will rocket out of the house at warp speed.
Sincerely yours, the Dog.