Fitness Toy of the Day: Brooks The Beast Running Shoe

brooks

I used to run cross country and track for eight years – high school and college, but injuries pretty much stopped me from doing much running after I graduated.  I tried over the last 13 years to get back on the horse and run again, but knee issues kept coming back.  A couple of months ago I decided to give it another shot and I once again hit up my local running shop to find a shoe that would work with my flat foot that likes to roll.  I have tried most brands and all kinds of price ranges since I need a quality shoe or I have no shot to keep running.  It was suggested I give The Beast by Brooks a shot since it has amazing stability, a sturdy carbon rubber out sole, Diagonal Rollbar, MoGo midsole, X-Static sockliner, and a functional logo lacing system that really hugs the foot – oh I used to sell sneakers back in the day so please commence with the Al Bundy jokes.  After a month of training I have had no knee issue, no ankle or shin problems, and for the first time in a long while I enjoy running again.

This video is not of me in my Brooks, but I am in about the same shape!

YouTube Preview Image

, ,

7 Responses to Fitness Toy of the Day: Brooks The Beast Running Shoe

1. J May 26, 2009 at 11:22 am #

Been using the Brooks Beast for two years now. Can’t run without them.

• Pony May 26, 2009 at 11:25 am #

this is my first Brooks shoe and I couldn’t be happier with them

2. K May 26, 2009 at 7:53 pm #

Im a Cop and I have been using them for years. They are a little expensive but they beet my new balances hands down

• Pony May 26, 2009 at 10:55 pm #

i used new balance 999 back in college and have tried saucony, asics, and adidas since with no real luck.

3. Johhny Appleseed May 26, 2009 at 10:21 pm #

Wow, I was interested in the responses because I ended up needing knee surgery after trying two pair of the Beasts. Following the surgery, a podiatrist identified a pronation problem that the Beast was making worse.

• Pony May 26, 2009 at 10:54 pm #

that is surprising since the beast is designed to help over pronaters – which i am since I have a flat foot it just collapses in. The Best has really stopped the and leveled my foot out and helped my balance. I am 40 pounds heavier than i was in college so running at 180 compared to 140 the extra support is really noticed.
      I would love to know why he felt the beast was an issue because i can’t collapse those things if i wanted to.

4. FredJouldd May 28, 2009 at 7:03 pm #